Sunday, July 27, 2008

The big three... oh.

Thanks so much to everyone for your congratulations on Baby Stix. I apologize for not responding to all of you personally, but as you can imagine, things have been really busy over here. Things are calming down though- we actually just came back from a week down the shore.

Not a ton of knitting was accomplished (as compared to pre-baby vacations), but I do have some stuff to show. First, I finally finished the Ubernatural cardi, which according to Ravelry, was started in September 07:






It still needs to be blocked, but in case it takes me another 10 months to get around to it, I figured I better post pictures ASAP.

Some progress was also made on the Alexandra Ballet Top from Fitted Knits, although not as much progress as one would think considering the amount of time spent. I kept messing up the cables, not because I didn't download the errata, but because of some crazy mystery force that caused me to rip and redo them three times. Ugh. They're still not right, but at least now they're symmetrically incorrect...




Yep, that's Lion Brand Landscapes, the most overpriced yarn that Joann's offers, but thanks to a barrage of coupon- filled flyers, it was 40% off. Sweet.

I also headed over to the Wooly Monmouth in Red Bank, NJ and added yet another project to my Ravelry queue. Originally I planned to look for something that would work for the Razor cami, but I couldn't find anything that felt quite right. Instead, I picked up the latest KnitScene and decided on the Opulent Raglan and 10 skeins of Berrocco Linen Jeans in a really rich maroon. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it (or at least make serious progress) before school starts or it will be a looooong WIP.



By the way, I'm 30 today. 30. When the hell did that happen???

1 comment:

  1. Oh, crap! I had you in as the 28th as your birthday!!! Happy Belated!

    ReplyDelete