Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I can't believe the 1994 Bon Jovi cd I bought today still cost $10

Things are finally getting back to normal this week after the hell that is finals week. Ugh. After a semester where I only really enjoyed one out of four classes, I could not wait to be finished. Now that I am, I have FIVE WHOLE WEEKS before classes start up again. Nice.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words on my Baby Stix news! I hit the AC Moore and the JoAnn's yesterday looking for what I thought would be the easiest thing to find on short notice- burgundy and mustard colored Wool-Ease (yes, Harry Potter colors) to work on gender neutral baby stuff, and to my surprise, it wasn't anywhere to be found. What the hell?? So instead, I bought 3 balls of black and grey Wool-Ease to design myself a decent maternity sweater, since there are so few non-matronly patterns available. Depending on how it turns out, I will either show you pics, or try to submit it to Knitty or something. Leah was giving me some advice on designing, so I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens.

I worked all weekend on weaving in the billion ends on the Sesame cardi that have been hanging over my head all semester. I'm such a jerk for breaking the yarn after each stripe, but I can never remember to run the other color up the side anyway. Now I just have to sew up the seams and I'll finally be finished.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking when I saw the latest Knitty that Abotanacity would make a nice maternity sweater. I've never seen an actual maternity sweater pattern I've really liked, so I'm eager to see what you'll come up with.

    Congrats on finishing the semester. I taught my last class of the term today and am thrilled to have three weeks off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a serious need for maternity sweaters. There was that Kate Gilbert one in an old IK.... oh & Glampyre's last design, Petal.

    Goodl uck sewing up all the seams!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete