Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Willie Randolph is the luckiest man alive.

I've been feeling inexplicably un-bloggy this month- I think it's because most of my inspiration occurs while I'm at work and can't do anything about it. Maybe that's a good thing- if I could blog while at work, I'm sure it would be mixed with lots of grouchiness and snark. :)

The puff sleeved cardigan is one buttonhole band away from being finished. I'm pretty excited about finishing this one, because I love the color so much. The only element of the sweater that has me a little concerned is the puff sleeve. The shape of the sleeve seems like th fabric needs to be stiffer to have the right amount of fullness. Originally, I almost took that puff out, leaving regular short sleeves, but decided to just go ahead and try something different. I hope I like it!

I also have about 70% of ANOTHER sweater finished- Ubernatural. I had to make a lot of changes to the pattern. Luckily, before I started, I saw someone's post on Ravelry saying that the pattern had a lot of errata, so I knew to keep an eye out for problems. There were a couple of false starts using double stranded Paton's Classic Merino in Winter White. That version looked kind of weird- I think it was the color of the yarn- it was just too white. However, I found a really nice, natural looking yarn at AC Moore- Paton's Shetland Chunky in Taupe. The best part? Machine washable! Yay!

Since I've decided that I need some practice in taking some decent photos, I'm going to have Mr. Stix take the 2 sweater pics this weekend, and then I'll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment