Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Don't you dare raise the roof...

A year ago this past Sunday, I married the man of my dreams - handsome, intelligent, funny, and not afraid to be himself. I don't think I can do justice to my feelings for Mr. Stix without telling you this story.

Before we met, I always hated to dance- I felt ridiculous, lacking rhythm and confidence. I think dancing is somewhat representative of personality- you can see when someone is free spirited or uncomfortable or whatever. The thing with me was, however, that as much as I loved the music and felt exhilarated when certain songs came on, I just couldn't let go of my inhibition. I would just stand off to the side, feeling paralyzed. I always felt that people would just see my uncoordinated flailing about and judge me as being a total loser. It's absurd, but that's how it always seemed.

When I met Mr. Stix, suddenly I had found my dance partner. I don't think I really have any moves or look any less ridiculous, but I couldn't care less. I love to dance with my husband, whether at our wedding, or a party, or in the kitchen while making dinner. It's like I never thought twice about it back in the day. He makes life fun and like never before, I see the glass as half full (or maybe, more accurately, I see the house half full of robots and yarn).

Happy anniversary BFT- you are the best husband ever :)

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it!!!!

    Congrats to you & Mr. Stix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweet story! It sounds like you have found your soul mate! Happy Belated Anniversary... I'm Late to the party on this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what a lovely story! and you both look so fabulous on your wedding day. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete