Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chlorophyll? More like BOREophyll...

I'm back to school again this week- where did the summer go? I haven't blogged in a while, since I was trying to squeeze like 10 weeks worth of doing stuff into the 3 weeks I had off from classes. I'll fill you in...

Mr. Stix competed in another Ju Jitsu tournament this month, a much bigger one than last time, sponsored by the North American Grappling Association. He won a bronze medal for his weight class! Kick ass!



There was a lot of sitting around during the tournament, since there were so many competitors and so many weight classes. It left plenty of time to work on the V-Neck Pullover from Fitted Knits. I have a ton of Lion Brand Homespun laying around that I was going to use for another project, but figured it would make a cozy little sweater instead. I think I'm going to modify it a little bit with some side buttons (like in the Fitted Knits' Textured Tunic) and skip most of the ribbing except for maybe 1.5" at the collar and cuffs.



I actually made 2 V-Neck Pullovers this month (thanks vacation at the shore!). Here is another version I'm working on that was inspired by the Gryffindor House pullover from Charmed Knits.



The Airy Wrap sweater is also almost finished. I realized last week that I will never be able to wear it open, because the front panels (due to my height) would be dragging on the ground. Beh! Oh well. Just a few more inches on the right panel and the other front panel to go.

Wish me luck this week at school- if nothing else, I know I have the coolest schoolbag ever, as modeled by Ugly:

2 comments:

  1. How did the summer go by so fast?? Looks like you've been knitting up a storm though. Good luck with the new semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Mr. Stix!

    I can't wait to see your pullovers!

    That really is the coolest school bag. I love me some plaid!

    ReplyDelete