Tuesday, July 03, 2007

On a very special episode of Karma and Greg...

I witnessed the greatest example of karmic payback today on the drive home. Against my better judgment, I took a back road that normally backs up during the school year and at rush hour. Since it's the summer and tomorrow is the 4th of July, I figured it couln't possibly be backed up, right? So wrong. The real problem lies in the timing of the lights at two intersections. You can't help but create gridlock there.

Anyway, I made a left turn and got stuck in the middle of the crazy intersection. To avoid creating a gridlock situation, I pulled up next to this guy's SUV, with every intention of letting him go ahead of me. Seriously, I just wanted to be out of the way. This guy totally thought I was trying to cut him off, so he pulls ahead and turns his head out the window and tries to stare me down. He looked so pissed. I stare back, as his head stays out the window facing back towards me, and he rolls right into the back of another SUV. DUH! If you're going to enter a stare down, at least make sure your foot is on the brake... It's almost as big a blunder as entering a land war in Asia or going up against a Sicilian when death is on the line. Lest you worry, no one was hurt and there was no damage to either party, except maybe the staring guy's ego. Watching him throw his hands up in utter disbelief at his stupidity was priceless. :)

In other news, I finished one sleeve on the airy wrap and am half way down the other arm. I'm almost ready to start the cabled section.

Finally, have you all seen these knitted marzipan cupcake toppers? So cute!! Here's a link to the tutorial.

1 comment:

  1. don't those cupcakes look grand?
    anyway, that story is priceless. i cannot BELIEVE the way people act when they drive. yesterday, a guy just felt like running a red light and came blazing up behind me, honking his horn. insane.

    ReplyDelete