Saturday, July 21, 2007

No spoilers here

We headed out to a Borders' Grand Hallows Ball last night, even though I wasn't picking up my copy of Deathly Hallows - I still have to read the Half Blood Prince this weekend, so I pre-ordered mine online. My Gryffindor tie was only halfway finished by 8pm last night, so I wore it as-is (you can't see it, but there is scrap yarn holding live stitches tucked into my shirt so I can finish it later!). Mr. Stix wore a Slytherin logo and his black magic shirt, but don't let that fool you- he's one of the good guys :)



They closed off the whole block and renamed some of the stores for the evening. Look, it's The Leaky Cauldron!



Dumbledore and Prof. McGongall must have pre-ordered their books too. You'd think they would know how it ends...



Here are some random witches and wizards. Probably about 25% of the people there wore some kind of costume or house colors. The whole thing left me longing for Halloween...



This band was pretty cool- the guy on the left must have been dying in his giant scarf:



I better go finish the Order of the Phoenix now, before I accidentally find out the ending of the new book. Have I mentioned that I still haven't seen the last 2 episodes of the Sopranos?

3 comments:

  1. Wait a sec...you were waiting at the witching hour for Harry Potter or was it some sort of Potter-Party?

    Or you could have ordered it through Amazon for $18 bucks and have it delivered to your door Saturday morning promptly at 9:00 - disheveled bedhead and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time at our borders as well! There is nothing like going & getting the book in person with all the other die hard fans (even if you weren't picking yours up).

    I had finished 200 pages by the time I finally *made* myself go to bed at 4 am Sat!!! I finished the rest of it last night!

    No spoilers from me though I'm afraid they may be hard to avoid in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete