Monday, May 21, 2007

Six degrees of bacon cheeseburgers

Woo hoo! Another semester down, just under a million to go :) This weekend was great- a 3 day celebration of my freedom, for a week anyway. I have one summer class that starts after Memorial Day, but it shouldn't be too bad.

On Saturday morning, we went to a Jiu Jitsu tournament, where I watched Mr. Stix kick some guys asses. That was pretty cool - and he came in 2nd place for his weight class:




On Saturday night, we had an 80's dinner and movie night with two of our friends- we watched Footloose and Pretty In Pink and ate "Kevin Bacon cheeseburgers," "Kevin Bacon pasta salad" and "Pretty in Pink cupcakes." I LOVE the song Footloose- I played it at our wedding reception to kick off the dancing. I wish I had watched the movie again beforehand. Then I would've had some really cool moves :)

Oh yeah, and so the boys wouldn't feel like we made the evening too girlie, we added these very manly knights and dragons to the pink cupcakes. Mine had a catapult on it.



On the knitting front, I did very little during exam time, if any. Last night I finished the second sleeve on the Sesame cardi, and I am aiming to finish it by Memorial Day. I also want to cast on for the Two Toned Ribbed Shrug from Fitted Knits in the next day or two, so I can have something to wear at work (we have a hella cold air conditioner in there).

Oh and check out these little takeout containers- Mr. Stix found these when we were in Michael's. Aren't they cute?? Perfect for giving little knitted gifts, and they were only $1 each. Steal!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray, congrats on another semester down!! Love your movie theme night - especially the cupcakes. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your semester and your mr's 2nd place at his jitz tourney!

    ReplyDelete