Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kermit was wrong- it IS easy.

So I've decided to reveal my secret knitting project, which is a mesh cotton shopping bag. After working and reworking it, it turns out what I really like the look of is just a modification of the french market bag. I thought I would be able to come up with an original pattern, but it is just not meant to be on this one. After knitting 3 of those, I guess the pattern must be stuck in my head.

Anyway, I've nicknamed it the "it's easy being green" bag. I'm using Sugar n' Creme cotton, for economy's sake, but I would love to make another out of one of the LionBrand organic cottons. Too bad they're so expensive ($6 for the bag using Sugar as opposed to $18 for the bag using the organics).

I'm working on the handles now, so it should be finished shortly. Here's a sneak peak of the base:


3 comments:

  1. Is it really a shopping bag? Or is it really a stealth turtle bag?

    I absolutely love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was also going to ask if you are using it as a shopping bag. i'd like to make one, too, because we have too many stupid plastic bags in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I like it already. I love that shade of green too. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete