Sunday, March 18, 2007

People in plastic smelling houses shouldn't...

Ok, so I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. It's just been a little busy around here with school stuff. However, I did have a little time for some craftiness.

#1- Sesame Cardi- the left front is about finished, which means I only have the sleeves and button band left to do.

#2- I didn't finish my secret project in time for the Knitty summer deadline, but now I'm not sure if I still want to submit it or if I want to knit up a couple more for a possible Etsy store... decisions, decisions.

#3- Has anyone ever used Sculpey III? I made some buttons for the Sesame Cardi and brushed on some Pearl Ex prior to baking (as per a how-to on the HGTV website). Anyway, while it was baking, it was smoking the entire time and now our house smells like plastic. Is this normal? Is it because I used the Pearl Ex?

1 comment:

  1. Sculpey III? Don't they need longer to heat up instead of flash baking? what temperature did you set the oven and how long was it in there?

    Maybe you need to do a gradual heating for the sculpey - put it in the oven and then turn it on to 200 degrees. Then after 10 minutes, move it up to the designated temperature for the required time, and then turn off the oven while leaving the sculpey piece in there to gradually cool down.

    Dunno....I'll tell you if I hear anything about the "smoking" issue.

    ReplyDelete