Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanks turtles!

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving- we did, especially considering the fact that our trip home only took an extra hour. That's nothing, compared to past Thanksgivings, where the trip could take double or even a little more than a non-holiday trip. Ugh.

During our trip, I went to two different LYS with my mother-in-law. They were completely amazing - way better than the yarn stores here. The variety was incredible, but since I didn't have any specific projects in mind, I didn't really want to buy tons of stuff. My MIL did buy me some hot Koigu for some socks. Thanks Mama Liz!




I had tons of time to work on WIPs too- I would have finished the second Hedera in the car on the way back, but once we hit traffic, I felt a little car sick and had to stop knitting.



I also worked on the two Irish Hiking Scarves- here they are with my property book for scale:



We also hit the bookstores a few times this week- I got a few holiday party magazines and Antonia Fraser's Marie Antoinette: The Journey. The book started out slowly for the first couple of chapters, since it's a good deal of background on the Austrian & French monarchies. I'm up to the chapter where Marie has left Austria to be married. I'm enjoying it so far- it feels so weird to be reading something unrelated to law. Actually, it feels great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment