Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This is how tired I am...

Man, this week has totally kicked my ass. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, but I am just exhausted. So exhaused, in fact, that this is part of an actual conversation pH and I had before dinner:

pH: We're having lamb for dinner.
Me: (Horrified) Oh no, I don't eat lamb!
pH: You don't? Why not?
Me: Because it's baby cow!
pH: What?? No, it's not- that's veal.
Me: Oh yeah. I eat lamb.

Good thing meat-word association wasn't on the LSAT...

I've been working on my Socktoberfest sock. Here is how much I've got tonight, after Season 4, Disk 1 of The Sopranos. There are a LOT of errors in this sock- thank god this colorway hides them for the most part. This will be my very first pair of socks, so hopefully the 2nd one will be a little more perfect. I probably shouldn't put myself on such a steep learning curve with $23 worth of sock yarn, but, oh well.



Starbucks is selling these little friends for the UglyDolls:


They can hang out and drink ugly beverages.

Speaking of UglyDoll, here's mine at the Tower of London:

5 comments:

  1. Kym, you cannot run from your TOEFL past. You must embrace your inner ESL.

    I'm glad UglyDoll made it to London. He kind of blends in with the castle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugly doll? why would someone want an ugly doll? i'll never know. but now i want one. peeeeer presssurrrrreee....hehee. just joking.

    but veal is baby cow? i thought veal was baby, oh wait. i was going to say veal was baby lamb, but that's kind of redundant, isn't it? wow. didn't know that one. veal = baby cow.

    i don't think i've ever eaten veal or lamb. hm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:36 PM

    wow starbucks ripped off Uglydoll with that red one and the cups. Evil giant corp! Make mine Coffee Bean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your socks look great! I'm looking forward to seeing them all finished up!

    Your ugly doll does fit in with the tower!! What a cute shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hesitate to ask where you think wool comes from...

    ReplyDelete