Sunday, October 01, 2006

Socktoberfest has arrived

Happy first day of Socktoberfest! I am going to try to get two pairs done this month:



On the left is the beginning of Hedera - I actually started it last week on size 2's and it was coming out way too bulky. I restarted it again last night on size 1's (you know, like you're supposed too...) while watching lots of Sex and the City season 4. As you can see, I did much more watching than knitting :)

On the right is the yarn from
my Sock Kit Pal, which will be a pair of Falling Leaves. I wanted to start that pair last night, but I didn't feel like figuring out the crochet chain cast on thing- how lazy is that?

Since this was a slow news weekend, I'll leave you with this- the most bizarre video I've seen in a long time...


3 comments:

  1. oh, maybe i need to break down and knit some socks. the hedera patern is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:17 PM

    I want to see more of that little man dancing movie. I don't know why, but it's just fantastic. Oh, and some nice knitting. Did you make a swatch for the sock so that the size would be accurate?

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look at that beautiful little yarn cake. I just love Bittersweet! I made my clapotis in that color:)

    ReplyDelete