Saturday, September 16, 2006

Stash? Busted.

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth... I'm just in school :)

I'm trying to use up a bunch of stash yarn before I buy any new stuff- I only bought one (!) ball of Peru DK Luxury from AC Moore last night. It's for a gift though- I'm making the Fetching handwarmers from the Summer 2006 Knitty for someone who just got engaged. I figure she would probably want to be able to show off her new ring while keeping her hands warm. Perfect! Here's what I have so far:




I'll probably end up staying up super late tonight working on them- I have to study tomorrow -which means no knitting :(

In further stashbusting efforts, I am working on some dishcloths to use up the yarn from a rash of Sugar n Cream purchases at Michael's. Here is the Yarn Over Cable Cloth from Dishcloth boutique. It knits up especially well during The Sopranos...



Here is a 99% finished hat from Family Circle Easy Accessories in Lionbrand Landscapes Rose Garden. I just have to finish seaming up the back and it's done- it only took a couple of hours. Nothing like instant gratification :) I know what you're thinking- Family Circle?? The patterns in it are surprisingly cute - no reindeer jumpers to be found.


I'm also getting ready for Socktoberfest- I'm going to use my KSKS kit - and I'm going to need everyone's help to stay motivated. I'm not a sock person, but I'm going to try really hard to finish them :)

By the way, I think I may frog my Cathode and use the camel colored yarn to make an Anthropologie inspired vest...

Finally- watch this weatherman freak out when a cockroach crawls up his leg:




4 comments:

  1. the handwarmers are too cute! how's married life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fetching pattern! I've seen so many cute ones popping up in the blogosphere!

    Oh & that video, HI-larious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! How's school going for you? love the wrist/handwarmer idea... as it is, I'm going to have to figure out how my ring isn't going to rip apart every pair of gloves I own!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kym,

    Its been a little while since I left you a comment. I like all of your projects. I see you are reving up for the winter with hats and fingerless gloves:)

    Glad you joined Socktoberfest--I can't wait to see some sock action. They do take a while but hang in there. I believe I'm the slowest sock knitter in the west:)

    ReplyDelete