Sunday, September 03, 2006

No way- a finished object!!??

I finally finished seaming the Hug Me Tight shrug from Lion Brand Vintage Knits. I realized that if I started on the new socks from my KSKS kit, I would never finish some of my UFOs. Anyway, without further ado:






Try not to laugh too hard at my goofy hair- it's humid outside :) I guess this was a fairly satisfying knit, except that the pattern is a little unclear in spots. Also, I wish they would have had a picture showing how to seam the two sides together, rather than just the words "sew back pieces together." Duh, thanks. The back ribbing looks a little more off in the photo than in real life (it's like a one row difference between the two sides). We'll see how long it lasts, since this is the shrug that's made from R*d H****t Soft Yarn in color Grape. That's right, it's... acrylic. Bleh. However, do you want to know the total cost? $4. Sweet.

Look who came with me to Paris...



It's Clapotis!

Oh, and here is what we think is the creepiest sushi place ever:




And that sushi restaurant was literally the only, uh, family establishment for blocks and blocks. Gross!

3 comments:

  1. Cute shrug. That color looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute shrug! what kind of seam did you end up doing on it? I'm pretty lazy, so I try to slip in 3 needle bind offs any time I can. They usually end up much neater than any real seam that I could come up with and are really low bulk and lay relatively flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! about your paris trip, i meant. not the FO. but well, WOW to that too! FO's are always good :)
    mmm...i want sushi. it's because i haven't eaten all day, not because i saw that picture. hehe. just thought i'd clarify. :)

    ReplyDelete