Friday, September 01, 2006

my sock kit is here!!

Holy mackerel - my KSKS kit came this week, courtesy of Marisol of Purls Just Wanna Have Fun - and it was packed with awesome knit goodness:



Inside my kit was the Falling Leaves pattern, some hot sock yarn from Lorna's Laces (630 Bittersweet), a 40" Addi Turbo circ, the Magic Loop booklet, an awesome bag made from Suss Design's A Girl's Bag pattern, stash yarn (which by incredible coincidence is the exact same colorway i used to make my Clapotis!), sparkly pen, pink tape measure, mints and candy that only barely made it through the car ride home. Barely. Everything was perfect- the colors and everything were exactly what I would have chosen. Thank you Marisol!! The kit was super generous and I love everything. You rock!

The kit for my pal is set to go- I'm just waiting for the French Market bag to finish drying. Hurry up bag! I'll post a pic as soon as it's dry and I can fill it with stuff...

The new
Magknits is up - check out all the great sock patterns!

Guess what I saw today at WetSeal? Knitted fingerless gloves! For $6!! I want to make a pair but I'm tempted to just buy a pair... for the cost of a Venti extra shot mocha. Hmm, dilemma.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dude, they have opened an AUTOMAT on St. Mark's Place in NYC. How cool is that??? It's open 24 hours, it's cheap ($1.50- 2.50/ plate) and it looks cool as hell. I can't wait to check it out. When I was a little kid, I saw an old Warner Bros. cartoon from the 30's that was set in an automat and I thought it was the best idea ever. I was so bummed out to learn that there weren't any around anymore. Till now. Check it out at Bamn!

Look at this retro commercial for the Milton Plaza Hotel. I loved this commercial when I was little (yes, this is a very nostalgic post). Even to this day, if I drive by this place, I'll sing the song.



Finally, check this out:

-A GROSS brownstone in Prospect Heights- if you look in the doorway, that pile is actual garbage.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That kit looks great! I love that Lorna's colorway!! :)

    ReplyDelete