Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm back

Thanks so much for all of your well wishes! The wedding was beautiful and perfect, as was the honeymoon. The robot cake was a big hit, as was the music. The guys walked out to Al Green's Let's Stay Together, the girls walked out to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole 's Somewhere Over the Rainbow, I walked down the aisle to the Theme from the Princess Bride, and the Beatles' All You Need is Love for the Recessional. I'll probably just be posting one photo, a la Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston, when I find one where I'm not pulling a weird face. :) I'll be turning the blog back towards more of a knitting/ pop culture direction and less personal stuff, just to give you a heads up. I think from now on, Le Fiance will be referred to as "perfect Husband" or pH. I know he will appreciate the geekiness of this designation.

I do, however, have a funny story for you about flying last week. So as you know, there was that terror plot in the UK and as a result, airline security everywhere was increased, and you couldn't bring liquids or gels on the plane. Before we boarded, I threw out all of my lotions and stuff and was also told (incorrectly) that I couldn't bring my Dramamine with me, and subsequently threw that out too. So I'm out like $75 worth of toiletries and OTC medications and I'm pissed off over the whole thing. I'm not even thinking about anything else because I'm too focused on the possibility of air sickness, and I take a bunch of Dramamine so that there is no way this could happen (and so I can sleep). I sleep (thankfully) through most of the flight and am too tired to eat the ham sandwich that is served on the plane. I saved it for later, and when we land and get to the airport, they confiscated my sandwich!

The conversation went something like this:
Security- do you have any food with you?
Me- well, I have my sandwich from the plane.
Security- what kind of sandwich is it?
Me- uh, ham sandwich...
Security- I'm going to have to ask my supervisor
Supervisor- What kind of sandwich is it?
Me- ham
Supervisor- yeah, I'm going to have to confiscate that.

Damn! And let me just say, I was hungry as hell! The sandwich tells the tale of the troubled times we live in :)

I have to post pics of the finished Spiderweb capelet, my Sock Kit Pal's French Market Bag, and I am like 5 sleeve rows away from a finished Cathode (which is still sitting in my office from the end of winter). I'm too tired to hook up the camera tonight- can you tell from that sentence that school has started again :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Glad to hear that all went well! I was actually thinking of you guys when all that stuff went down in london.

    So sorry about your sandwich!

    I'm dying to see all the pictures (wedding and knitting).

    "Perfect Husband" so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations, and I ABSOLUTELY have to see pictures. I hope it all turned out how you planned with only minor hiccups along the way.

    You know, ham sandwiches are deadly in the wrong hands...

    As for my own wedding, I still have about 7 weeks left to go... I could tell you if I went back and checked my countdown timer. It's going alright... I think I might even post about the whole thing soon if i'm not busy being buried under schedules and little squares of tulle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, please please post a pic soon! or more than one pic! love wedding stuff.

    that's hysterical about the sandwich. would have let you keep it if it were, say, turkey?

    ReplyDelete