Thursday, July 27, 2006

movin' on up... to the late 20's

I'm going to share a secret with you- today's my birthday. I always get kind of sad when birthday's come now because I feel like at this time in my life, I should already be in my career, and I won't be finished until after I'm 30. I know that's stupid because I shouldn't think of life in such a way, like oh, i must define years so strictly: from 18-22 college, 22-26 law school, 27-30- marriage & begin career, 31- baby. I came to the realization today with help from Le Fiance and a girl at work that that's so ridiculous. I had to do what I had to do, and a lot of people will not have accomplished things that I will have at age 30. This year, I realized, will be the best year of my life. I'll start it off by marrying the most amazing man I could have ever dreamed of, going on a crazy honeymoon, and then starting my second year of law school. And that's just within the first month. I wonder what will happen in the other eleven...

Le Fiance took me out for pancakes (my favorite- I'm all about the pancakes.) and took me shopping. I was supposed to get shoes, but the ones that I had picked out the other day weren't as cool on second sight. So i got two shirts instead- one with little skulls on a pink background and one with numbers on it like a football jersey. Super cute. Has anyone noticed how LOOOOONG the torsos are on shirts now? They're like 8 feet long, especially for short girls like myself.

I started my sock kit pal's bag AGAIN- and I changed my idea for the bag yet AGAIN. I'm so ridiculous. I just don't have the time to figure out the sewing, so I am making her a grey French Market Bag and then I will send interchangeable bows to tie around it out of ribbon, and those different fabrics.

5 comments:

  1. happy happy birthday! i think you have a lot to feel great about and shouldn't feel at all sad. there's no universal timeline, and you're in such a great place. have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Happy Birtdhday Kym!!!! Hey we share something in common... Same birtdhay week--mine was Monday the 24th.

    A little update on the KSKS bag and goodies. As I mentioned before the goodies are set to go and I've knittted the bag. The only thing holding me up is an embellisment I ordered that has not arrived in the mail yet. I'm really upset now since I ordered this 2 wks ago and nothing.

    So, long story short...I'm counting down the days and will call this store one more time so I can get my little embellishment to add and then send it out to you:)

    Glad to hear you had an awesome birthday and hey your fiance and friends are totally right -by the time you reach 30 you will definitely have a leg up over the rest of your peers.

    Your KsKS Pal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I guess I'm destined to be one of those women that celebrates a certain number b-day for like 20 years straight :)

    Sock Pal- don't even worry about it. You can even send it out to me after the deadline, it's no big deal. No stress. I'm still knitting my pal's bag and I think I will end up mailing it on the very last day of the swap :( I should have just picked a knitted bag to begin with and stuck to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid Long Torsos! We can't all be model tall and skinny like Annie....grumble grumble......

    Unfortunately I only have go-go gadget arms...I'm still waiting for the torso upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy very late birthday Kym!! It sounds like you had a great day!! Pancakes, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete