Monday, July 17, 2006

Gamera's big adventure

Gamera Turtle had his first trip to the vet today for a little physical- he managed to scrape up the side of his face yesterday against a rock or something in his pool and I was worried that he really hurt himself. Le Fiance put some bacitracin on it (which the vet said was the right stuff to put on reptiles- who knew?) but since it still looked raw, I thought it was a good idea to get a professional opinion.

We put him in a little bucket to take him in the car:



He got weighed and measured and was given a clean bill of health. The scrape should heal up soon and he was prescribed some extra sunlight and goldfish. :)

Here I am with the little patient after his exam:



Very little knitting going on here- I'm just sort of trying to finish long running WIPs. Boring! I'm not letting myself start anything new until I finish anything that needs the dreaded seaming. Bleh.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like little Gamera did have quite an adventure - I'm glad everything checked out okay. I hope he's all healed up soon. And just think how happy you will be when all those old WIPs are done. Of course, it's too hot today to play with yarn. :(

    ReplyDelete