Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Now I just need to find a Saturday market...

Here is the photo I promised of the Saturday Market Bag. I'm so lame when it comes to posting pictures of FO's-- it takes me forever to finish anything.



In case you were wondering, the stuff in the bag is Stitch n Bitch Nation and the Stitch it Kit. Also, the color in the photo is totally inaccurate- the bag is hot hot pink, not red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woo-hoo, they posted the questionaire for the Sock Kit Swap:

What are your favorite colors? any shades of pink/ burgundy, black, jewel tones


Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? I've been knitting for a little over a year, but I've only knit one pair of socks because... well, I don't really have a good reason. Just because. :)

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? No preference

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Anything that isn't itchy on the skin

Where do you usually knit socks? Um, that one pair was knit on my couch at home.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? I usually put stuff in my Knitty French Market Bag or in a tiny paper bag from Banana Republic, Gap, etc.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I like lace patterns- Simply Lovely, Embossed leaves, etc. I also like short socks that only go over the ankle, rather than further up the leg.


What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? None- what are the options for this question, anyway?

What new techniques would you like to try? Magic loop or two circular

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? I'm totally comfortable with DPN's - I've never tried circulars for socks but I'm interested.

What are some of your favorite yarns? I have so many projects going at the same time, I have become totally cheap with yarn purchases. I use basically anything that is NOT Red Heart. However, I did like the Koigu that I bought recently and I liked anything I ever bought from Knitpicks. I think it would be really cool to try dying my own sock yarn in fun colors.

What yarn do you totally covet? This is probably going to sound lame, but I really loved the yarn I used to make my Clapotis- it's from Michael's - Atacama by Aroucania Yarns.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I'll have to think about this one...

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I love my Denise set. If I could make everything on circs, I would. As any reader of this blog knows, I hate seaming!

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Huh?

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Anything chocolate!

What’s your favorite animal? Dachshunds

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? I have a 15 year old dachshund, Torque, who lives with my parents. I also have two red eared slider turtles, Gamera (4 years old) and Mazinga (a baby- I think he's a year old). They're super cute.

If you were a color what color would you be? Black.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. I love shirts with vintage tattoo motifs printed on them

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? anything related to NYC inspires me- the energy makes me happy

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. Yes, yes, I know it's not profound or anything, but dammit, it's funny: "It's a moo point. You know, it's like a cow's opinion-it doesn't matter. It's moo." -- Joey Tribbiani

Do you have a wishlist? Nope

2 comments:

  1. I love that bag!!!! Hmm, I may have to make one myself. It would make a great beach-towel bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag looks awesome!

    Like Karen I am inspired to make one for myself. It would be the perfect beach bag & since we are off to the Bahamas in 2 weeks I think I should get started! :)

    Maybe I'll even try your "lazy knitter" mods!!

    ReplyDelete