Saturday, June 24, 2006

how i spent my friday night...

So Le Fiance is in Vegas this weekend for his bachelor party weekend. I, on the other hand, spent all night last night and all night tonight eight addressing, assembling & stamping wedding invitations. Who knew they took so long to do? Seriously, anyone reading this who is getting married - be sure to do your invitations with a few other people assembly line style. I only had like, 60 to put together because my mom is putting the rest together, so I thought it would be a piece of cake. I think it took about 8 hours...

I'm so glad that they are finished though. Now on to something more crafty--- secret sock kit pal! So my pal is a stay at home mom with 2 kids. She likes natural fibers in the grays and blues. I think I will send her a kit for the falling leaves socks from Knitty. She's a beginning sock knitter, but I don't think this pattern seems so bad. I'm going to send her 2 circ's too, so maybe she can do them both at the same time. I am just not sure what to do for the bag though. I want to knit something up in a chunky wool and put some cool cables on it, but I can't think of a shape that I like. What kinds of ideas do you have?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    How exciting you are getting Married!!! When is the big day?

    Congratulations your,

    KSKS Pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what retired dads are for. He managed to get 160 invitations stuffed and stamped (they were already addressed) done in a few days. And no complaints that were passed along to me!

    Hang in there... you're in the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete