Sunday, June 04, 2006

DSW customer service sucks, etc.

So I frogged the Embossed Leaves socks and decided I really wanted to use the Koigu for the Simply Lovely socks. Tell me if what I'm doing here is completely wrong-

- Ok, so the pattern is for size 8-9 socks and I'm a 6-1/2, and it calls for either a sportweight yarn on size 3 needles with gauge of 25 sts= 4". I'm using fingering weight yarn on size 2 needles and have a gauge of 32 sts= 4" It looks like so far, so good. It should fit around my teeny ankles. I'm just hoping that once I get to the foot part it won't be too snug. What do you guys think? (BTW- I know that the pattern also gives you the choice of using fingering weight yarn on size 0's, but I want to both shrink the pattern down a little and avoid having to buy another pair of needles.) Does it sound like this will come out completely wrong?

I started my summer internship this weekend. The firm seems pretty cool and the other interns were really nice. The weirdest (and nicest) thing about being in the office was just the lack of chaos. Every other job I've ever had has been in a loud, chaotic environment that make it very difficult to concentrate. To be able to sit at a desk and hear your own thoughts was so refreshing. I think it will be a really cool experience, so I'm pretty excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


****Crappy customer service moment**** Le Fiance bought a pair of shoes from
DSW this winter and the sole on one shoe literally cracked in half all the way through (with the other shoe starting to crack in half). He's worn them maybe 20 times at most (there is no wear on the sole yet, you know, minus the crack). So we took them back to DSW to try and exchange them for a similar pair and this is what happened:

*walk up to cashier*
cashier- yeah?


us- we bought these shoes here and they cracked in half. they're defective

cashier- what do you want me to do about it?

us- we would like to exchange them for something similar.

cashier- do you have the receipt?

us- no

*team leader intervenes*

team leader- we can't take those back without the receipt or the box.

us- but they're clearly defective. can't you look it up in the computer- we used our frequent buyer card?

team leader- no. it won't tell me the item code, so I can't take it back.

us- even though they're defective?

team leader- it doesn't matter if you don't have the receipt.

us- so DSW doesn't guarantee against defective merchandise

team leader- i didn't say that.

us- is there a phone number for your district manager that we can call?

*team leader silently points to a phone number printed on the counter and walks away*

uh, ok. Really makes me appreciate Nordstrom's return policy even more... I guess I know whose manager we'll be calling Monday morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Check out this really cool CafePress shop called
The Dogs of War. It's hilarious- the merchandise features various dog breeds in Russian/ German WWII style military propaganda. I think I'll have to buy some stuff!



Finally, they cleaned up K-Fed and stuck him in a suit in the new issue of US Weekly. Even sans wifebeater and cornrows, he's still a douchebag...

7 comments:

  1. Damn. You know if DSW involved a bait-and-switch technique, I would SOOOOO be all over their toosh. BTW: I think the service at the Towson DSW is complete crap and wanna-be ghetto. Ugh.

    But the dog propaganda posters did make me laugh!

    Glad to hear you're doing well so far at your internship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:45 PM

      Shop at Off Broadway stores, the setup is the same as DSW but I have never had any issues with the associates or return policy. DSW really does suck!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:03 PM

    DSW is the worst store - worst customer service, no return policy which is like a store in some no-consumer rights third world country... DON'T BUY DSW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:15 AM

    i actually used to work for dsw, and yea, i agree. 95% of their employess were horrible. i used to be embarassed how my store manager used to talk to people.

    that company is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:54 PM

    i used to work at dsw... and during that time the store sucked, when i left, the store sucked.the management is horrible, customer service sucks, and then they turn around and bash places like footlocker and macy's...WTF? i recomend no-one shops at that sad excuse for a shoe store...who by the way is a liqudator store... much like marshalls and was once owned by AMES and K MART

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:14 AM

    Customers could learn respect. Customers arent always right - retail jobs suck as it is. I hate how our store specifically kisses ass and noone gets rewarded for it - spoiled i tell you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:09 AM

      You shouldn't get rewarded for doing your job! I'm sure your amazing personality is why your job sucks, you get what you give! DSW is the worst store to shop at and they have the worst customer service.

      Delete