Monday, May 29, 2006

The end of May...

Knitting stuff:

Here is the new boatneck baby sweater I'm working on from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits. I'm using Caron's Simply Soft in Lt. Country Blue and White. I finished the other side already so I just have a few more inches on this side and the sleeves. It's a super quick and easy knit- a really good choice for a beginner wanting to move on from scarves, but way too easy for intermediate knitters.



I also finished the body on Forecast this weekend. I just have to finish the (short) sleeves and the button bands.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Stuff:

1. We went to see X-Men 3 yesterday (which was awesome, by the way- not as good as X2, but still entertaining). On our way to the theatre, we stopped to buy snacks at the grocery store. They had Pockey in the international aisle! If you've never had it, it's a container full of little cookie sticks that you dunk into chocolate. So tasty- and weird!! Look at one of the little sayings stamped on the side- it says, "Frog... Amphibian." What???

2. This week, I've seen more and more people wearing those hideous Crocs. Does anyone besides me think that these are the ugliest things ever made??

3. Check out these insane hot dogs from the New York Schnack eating competition. They're like 4 feet long!

4. Check out this cool Websites as Graphs site. This guy has created a program that graphs out any website by using its various HTML tags. You can try it with your own site- it's pretty cool. I don't know how to do a screen capture, otherwise I would have posted my graph here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Project Spectrum Stuff: Sorry to be so incredibly lame, but I didn't have any green knitted projects that I was working on this month :(

I was, however, doing the following-

Dreaming of relaxing in Cape May:

Cleaning my house:



And playing with the boys:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UFC stuff:

Saturday's fight went as I expected- Matt Hughes destroyed Royce Gracie. I was definitely impressed by Royce's composure when his arm was [probably] broken from that Kimora. I think if Royce had been 20 years younger, he could have won. There was no way that at his age, he could beat Matt in his prime.

UFC 61: Bitter Rivals is July 8th- this looks like the one to watch this summer. Tito Ortiz v. Ken Shamrock 2 and Tim Silvia v. Andre Arlovski 3. **My predictions - Tito Ortiz by TKO and Andre Arlovski by KO in round one. **

4 comments:

  1. That sweater looks really cute - and hurrah for quick projects!!! Crocs - I'm with you . . . oh so ugly!!! That graph thing is pretty cool. And CAPE MAY!!!! I love it there!! We are going next month for our anniversary and I just can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both the baby sweater and forecast look great. i don't even want to look at my knitting today, it's too damn hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Forecast!! I love that pattern so much!

    Oh & all your UFC posting really takes me back! My boyfriend & I were obsessed with UFC when it first started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... just gotta say that I LOVE pocky! And Crocs, I don't get them either. How's the Simply Soft? So many people from my SNB swear by it for baby clothes, and well, at that price...

    ReplyDelete