Monday, April 10, 2006

What not to do with Peeps

Ok, this is gross- you know those little Peep marshmallow chicks? There is a blog called, appropriately, PeepBlog, that is offering various Peep recipes. Now there is your basic fare, including grilled, poached, and baked peeps, but--- there are also main courses, that include PEEP STIR FRY. Gross!!!! Just look at the ingredients list:

2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. dry sherry
2 tsp. water
2 tsp. cornstarch
12 oz. Peeps Chicks and/or Bunnies
3 1/2 tbsp. cooking oil1 clove garlic, minced
1 large green pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots (optional)

You can see the finished dish here.

We watched the movie Hair yesterday. I love the fact that Mrs. Garrett from Facts of Life makes a cameo appearance, dancing on the dining table with Berger. I also loved that they rented that horse in central park for what looked like approximately 70 cents.

I wish the film wasn't still so relevant today...

1 comment:

  1. gawd, those peeps were gross. Please don't have them at the reception......

    Gamera sent me an email telling me those peeps gave him flashbacks to the war and tokyo raids. Shiver me timbers! (I always wanted to say that)

    ReplyDelete