Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Stephen King's Yarn Semetary

So I think the pink yarn I bought to make the Simply Lovely socks from the Spring Interweave Knits must have been from a factory built on an ancient Indian burial ground. I've had nothing but problems for the past few days, which is why I haven't posted any photos (and why the yarn I have used so far has just been cut and thrown in the trash).

I knitted up a few inches of the first sock and then tried it on- but my scrawny ankle didn't fill out the sock! Apparently I am a member of the I.B.A.C.* I decided to rip it out and use the yarn to make Calla instead. Well, it turns out the XS size has an error (just to give everyone a heads up- Jess from Fig and Plum posted the correction on Craftster). Unfortunately, I didn't print out the pattern correction, and Craftster is down for maintenance, so I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I tried to just figure it out, since I had a couple rows from the chart already done, but I ended up with all sorts of weirdness. I got frustrated, made some strange grunting noises, and then just threw Calla in the trash.

So I'm not really sure if I want to continue using this yarn when clearly it has some kind of karma problem :) It's not a big deal- it's just some cheap Bernat baby yarn, but it's such a cute shade of pink, I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?




*Itty bitty ankle committee

5 comments:

  1. I don't know what to recommend but the fact that you made grunting noises made me laugh.

    Perhaps next time you can just yawn repeatedly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *yawn*

    *grunt*

    *brrrfttt*

    *grrrrrrrwheee*

    *yawn*!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, so sorry for all the yarn drama. can you try calla again when craftster comes back up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, nothing worse than cursed yarn. Damn those yarn factories built on Indian burial grounds. Grrrr. I say, put the yarn on the naughty chair for a couple days and then try again and see if it behaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cursed yarn you say... I seem to have that problem with a bunch of my yarn. Maybe it's my whole stash? I usually attribute it to full sized swatching and just start over. It turns out okay in the end.

    ReplyDelete