Sunday, April 09, 2006

The new Knitty is up

We've waited so long for it- is anyone else feeling, well... mweh about the issue? As some of you may know, I'm not a sock knitter. I made one sock of one pair once and that's it. Not really my bag, but I'm strangely intrigued by the toe-less pedicure socks and am casting on as we speak! I am using some left over Paton's wool in who-knows-what-color that I had laying around from my wristwarmers. I'll post a photo in a couple of days. I also realized that I still have one skein of the pink alpaca Atacama from my Clapotis, so I think they may be destined for little ankle socks too (I'm undecided on whether they will have toes). Maybe I'll do the embossed leaves socks, but leave the toes off. Hmm. Maybe I should cast on for those instead. Crap. Sorry about the stream of consciousness post :)

The other patterns that I'm digging are the hedera socks and... the nauties! How cute are those guys??

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm with you . . . . I was kinda disappointed in this issue. Maybe the Surprises will be good? I do want to give the hedera socks a whirl . . . and maybe the t-twist?? The nauties sure are cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on the hedera socks and the nauties. The pedicure socks I'm a little bit afraid of because I live in such a warm area I can't fathom needing to wear socks with flip flops. Of course, the hedera socks look a bit like the simply lovely lace socks from the spring 2006 IK and the t-twist tee looks a bit like picovoli to me, so maybe I should just take a knitting break...

    To answer your question about climbing, the area where we were climbing this weekend was a bouldering area. That means that the style is to climb relatively low to the ground and not use a rope for protection when you fall. We have thick mats on the ground to land on and DF is good about making sure I land on the mat safely. It's still scary when you're 15-20 feet up, I'll admit. I try not to go that high.

    ReplyDelete