Monday, February 06, 2006

One for the thumb

I have lots of things to cover today:

** First of all- congrats, Steelers & fans- well played **

Next- may I direct you to two of the funniest re-cut movie trailers ever...
Brokeback to the Future (a touching story of the love between Marty McFly and Dr. Emmett Brown) and Shining (Stanley Kubrick's romantic comedy about the Torrance family and how they learn to love and laugh at the Overlook hotel). Check them out- you won't be disappointed.

Third- I am so tired of working on Clapotis!!!! I've decided to work on the Vogue minisweater to keep my sanity. I've worked about 16 inches of it so far -- it's a really quick knit (especially if you are working on it during the Super Bowl). I think the next project I'll work on is the Angel Sleeve Top, which is on the cover of the current
Vogue Knitting -- um, and by "on the cover," I mean the REAL cover, not the fake cover showcasing the scary blue Lion Brand sweater. Speaking of Lion Brand, I'm actually planning on using Landscapes Rose Garden for the Angel Top.

Fourth- we got a really interesting movie from Netflix this weekend, called The Station Agent (we also watched the Aristocrats and MST3K: Attack of the Giant Leeches). We aren't quite sure how it ended up on the list, since neither of us remembers putting it there, but it ended up being pretty cool. I think it's basically just a story of loneliness and loss, but it doesn't end up making you feel sad or pity. The characters seem to have accepted their lives and there's no wonderful triumphant ending- it's more realistic. It just ends on a scene that makes you feel hopeful for the three and knowing they'll at least be ok.

Finally, to Randy Couture- I'm sad to see you retire from the UFC. You may not have won against Chuck Liddell to regain the light heavyweight title, but you are still at the top of your game. You brought class and grace to the octagon along with world class skills. Cheers, Captain America.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, that angel sweater is so cute. I hardly ever find anything I like in VK so I don't check with them often.

    What color landscapes are you using?

    Oh & I LOVED the station agent. The simplicity of the ending was perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the rose garden colorway- i really like the little touch of blue they threw in with all of the pinks.

    ReplyDelete