Monday, January 16, 2006

What the hell, UFC??

So I'm sitting here watching UFC Ultimate Fight Night and they keep talking about this "historic" announcement. I was sitting on the edge of my seat, wondering what they could possibly have to say that is nearly as cool as the fights announced during the last pay per view. I gotta say, I was disappointed to learn that the historic announcement that would "change the face of the UFC" was nothing more than an upcoming fight between current middleweight champion Matt Hughes and Royce Grayce, a UFC pioneer who has been out of the octagon for a while. BIG DEAL. For anyone who saw the embarassing fight between Ken Shamrock and Rich Franklin, you will probably predict that Royce will get his ass kicked.

Now, don't get me wrong- Royce is an amazing fighter and he revolutionized UFC with his use of Brazilian Ju Jitsu, but Matt Hughes is an absolute MACHINE. I think that since Royce has last fought a lot of things have changed, especially the level of skill, training and talent of current fighters. I'm almost hoping that I'm wrong, because I definitely love to see an underdog win, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Ok, back to the rest of the fights...

No comments:

Post a Comment