Monday, January 30, 2006

if you're starting to drop stiches, CLAP your hands...

I made some progress on Le Clap this weekend, though not as much as I had anticipated:


I ended up returning from work on Saturday with a really bad headache, so I was out of commission for a few hours. I'm one of those people who really never gets headaches and I try to never take asprin and such, but when I do, it's pretty hardcore.

Anyway, for the moment we've all been waiting for- the first dropped stitches:



------------------------

For those of you who may not know, I am a freak about IHOP- I am all about the rooty tooty fresh n fruity :) Believe it or not, you can actually get take-out pancakes, which is extremely cool. They don't, however, let you get take out on the weekends. Why am I telling you this, you might ask? Because Le Fiance was going to surprise me with IHOP breakfast in bed yesterday, but it turned out that they don't do takeout on the weekends!!! His plan was foiled! WHY IHOP, WHY??? What a kick ass plan, though- how much does he rock? I am the luckiest girl in the world :)

-------------------------

Oh, and before I forget, I have to bitch a little about Lexis. We had to do a little assignment for school that helps you learn the different features of Westlaw and Lexis. Personally, I use Westlaw because I think it's easier, arranged more logically, and it has cooler stuff that you can buy with their reward points. Anyway, I was having trouble finding something while using Lexis, so I decided to use their 24 hour instant message customer service thing. I ask my question and cite the document that I'm looking at and hit enter. I get the "blah blah, high call volume, it may be a minute, blah blah" message. Ok fine. About 5 or 10 minutes later, some agent answers me and I direct him to the page that I'm on. He can't figure out the answer to my question and says "I'm trying to figure this out- I'll be one moment." I say ok, and a few minutes go by. Then the IM window says "Agent so-and-so has exited the chat." WTF?? Nice customer service there Lexis.

Today I had a quick question for Westlaw and so I used their IM customer service thing and the rep was very nice and helpful. I found what I needed in about a minute. Thanks Westlaw! And thanks in advance for the Coach bag I'm saving my rewards points for!

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, your Clap is coming out so pretty!! The dropped stitches is exciting. :) How sweet of LF to try to surprise you with your favorite breakfast in bed! I agree, he sure does rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! I'm not the only one doing a clap now. Isn't it so gratifying to drop those stitches? Love the pinks and maybe you'll even be able to wear your new clap for v-day!

    I'm right there with you on the IHOP thing. I just love their chocolate chip pancakes...

    ReplyDelete