Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back to the grind...

School is starting back up tomorrow- this semester we're required to take four classes instead of the regular three for the evening program. Ugh. I think I'll be able to squeeze in some knitting from 11:00- 11:15 on Saturday nights :)

Since I'm going to be so busy, we decided to hire a little cook to help us out:



Here is Le Fiance modeling the skullie I made for him prior to the Xmas holiday:


and the skullie close up:


These photos really do not do the colorway justice- the yarn is a much richer shade in person.

I also started on one of the sweaters in Vintage Knits- however, I have to rip out that second section of pattern because I forgot to add in a couple of increases. Duh. I even read the directions all the way through (twice) and still completely forgot.



Maybe it's my tendancy to just zone out while knitting, maybe it's the fact that the instructions tell you AFTER the pattern instructions to by the way, add an increase on row 10, or maybe it was because we were watching back to back movies from Netflix.

The first one was called Grizzly Man- this was a very interesting film. It was a documentary about Tomothy Treadwell, a very troubled nature advocate who had spent 13 summers filming the bears in Alaska's Kodiak national park. Definitely check it out if you have a chance- I had no idea what it was about before we watched it- I thought it was going to be a Winged Migration type movie, just with bears instead of birds. It's not so much a nature film as it is a film about Treadwell's mental breakdown.

We also watched Raging Bull- I can't belive I'd never seen it before. I also can't believe that they were trying to pass Cathy Moriarty off as 15 years old. I know she was only 18 when this was filmed, but still...

Oh, and here is the beginning of my ballet tee for Loop d Loop. I tried mixing a dark and light grey to give it sort of an earthier look, but I can't decide what I think of it now. What do you think? Should I continue or should I start over in the dark grey instead??

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! From what I can see in the picture, I like the two greys together for the ballet tee - but I know sometimes the picture is not exactly true to life. I shouldn't admit this, but I forgot I have Vintage Knits until I saw your sweater (so pretty)!! I'll have to pull it out and start planning. After I bought it I decided everything looked too hard for me - but maybe I've worked my way up a bit? Your little chef is so cute!!! Oh yeah, if you want to shoot me an e-mail I can send you the HTML codes for my scrolling bar. :) I don't think I have your e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should give the vintage knit book a shot- i am really intimidated, but i figured, why not? the small size needles were a bit scary too, because it seems like these sweaters will take forever... you should give it a try!!

    i'm not a big fan of seaming things together either, but i guess i have to start doing it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete