Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm still alive...

Hey everyone-

Hope you all had, or are having, a lovely holiday and you are all well.

Sorry about my extreme lack of posts in the past few weeks. I've been super busy this month:

I had finals the week before Christmas. I think they went pretty well, although I must say they were so very different from any exam I have ever taken, it's difficult to assess how well I did. At least they're over- one semester down, and many still to go...

When finals ended, Christmas was upon us- and the shopping that goes along with it. I didn't finish buying until Christmas Eve (as usual), but I didn't mind since I was feeling rather inspired with chosing gifts this year. My future sister in law is interested in learning to knit (YAY!!), so I got her the super cool Knitting on the Go card set. The patterns are really beautiful and somewhat vintage inspired, so hopefully she will get a lot of use out of them. In return, she got me Vintage Knits, and let me tell you, I cannot WAIT to get started on some of the patterns. The little lace cami on the cover is gorgeous and I want one ASAP.

My mom has decided, seemingly out of nowhere, that she wants to learn how to quilt, so I bought her an extensive quilting book (I can't remember the name) and one of those rolling fabric cutters and cutting mats. I originally wanted to buy her a couple of yards of cool coordinating fabric to get her started, but the wall of quilting fabric at the Super JoAnn's was so overwhelming, I just couldn't make a decision. Do any of you quilt? How do you choose patterns that look right together??

--------------------------------------

I also stopped by the mall today to check out the post Xmas sales and almost came up empty handed. All of the cute, sparkly clothes that I liked were not practical for me :( The building in which I work is one of those steel structures with an attached, unheated warehouse. It gets COLD in the winter, and I end up piling on multiple sweaters and huddling next to my space heater. I don't think that those little shrugs worn over sequined tank tops would keep me very warm :( Oh well. After going into every single store, I did find the 60% off sweater sale at Express, so I picked up a couple things.

-------------------------------------

We saw King Kong the other day. I don't understand the hype.

------------------------------------

In knitting news, I have been trying to finish up the Hoover blanket in time for the New Year. I only have a couple of inches to go on the stripes and then 3 inches of border and I 'll finally be done. Hazzah!! I also finished up a very cute baby hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and am about halfway finished on the little matching jumper (ok, ok- sweater. I'm just not English enough to pull of the word jumper).

I will post some pics soon- hopefully tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you had a great holiday & that you are getting us some pics of your cute as pie baby knits!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're back! i love the new backdrop. i always wanted to make the hoover blanket -- just love anything about knitting in history. post pix soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It's nice to be back after my posting drought :)

    ReplyDelete