Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm it.

What is your all time favorite yarn to knit with? I wish I had the cash to buy some of the really beautiful yarns that are out there. Unfortunately, the student budget only allows for the inexpensive stuff, so I haven't really had the chance to use anything that extraordinary. However, I do really like the Moda Dea Metro that I'm using for the cuffs on my Cathode. The deep espresso color and velvety texture is amazing- it gives it such a rich look.

Your favorite needles? My Denise set!! I will transfer WIP's to scrap yarn in a heartbeat, just to borrow the cord for a new project.

The worst thing you've ever knit? Bubby Bear- I overstuffed his arms and they ended up looking like two knit tampons attached to his body. Oh, and the Asana tank. I totally misread the pattern and thought the whole thing was knit in the round (minus one back strap), so it doesn't fit properly. Duh.

Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit) It's a tie between the Lelah tube top and Stefanie Japel's Minisweater. The Lelah was the first time I ever attempted to knit lace, so it was exciting to watch the pattern emerge. The minisweater was the first time I moved past scarves, bags, and hats and made an actual garment. Watching the piece take shape (when you divide for the sleeves) was so cool- unfortunately, I never took a photo before I gave it to my friend Carol. I'll have to get a picture of it next time I see her…

Most valuable knitting technique? I've only really been knitting for 6 months, so I don't think I've really acquired any valuable techniques J It would be like a band releasing their first album and then releasing their Greatest Hits as their second album. I know what I would like to learn though- MAGIC LOOP!

Best knit book or magazine?
I pretty much learned to knit from Knitty, so I think it's the best magazine for beginners. I also like Interweave Knits and Teva Duram's Loop D Loop

Your favorite knit-a-long? I haven't done one yet! I do, however, envy those in the Hello Kitty knit-a-long. How cool is that??

Your favorite knitblogs? Fig and Plum, My Fashionable Life, and Glampyre

Your favorite knitwear designer?
Stefanie Japel is amazing. I can’t wait to start her city shawl.

The knit item you wear the most?
The French market bag from Knitty.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Lelah top too! Lace is such an addictive knit!!

    ReplyDelete