Monday, October 31, 2005

Muwa-ha-ha-ha...

(That was my evil laugh)-- so the Halloween party was another big success. The level of costume creativity was pretty high again this year- I have to go through the pictures and find the best ones to post. We snapped a LOT.

Since this year's theme was the World Series of Costuming (WSOC), we decided to give out championship bracelets to the best costumes. (If you have never seen the World Series of Poker on tv before, this is not going to make any sense). In an effort to be as cheesy as possible, we ordered some gold novelty ID bracelets (the ones that you get for a quarter out of those supermarket vending machines) and then wrote "2005 W.S.O.C." on them in magic marker. I can't remember right now what the categories were, but I will post everything tomorrow...

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there. But with no costumes ready and a pounding migraine, I thought it best to stay at home. But I'm excited to see the images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, you could have come as a headache. that would have been original :)

    also, we were handing out costumes to those people with the hoo-ha to show up with no costume. kind of like when guys go to a restaurant with no jacket, so the restaurant gives you a loaner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey -- thanks for pointing out my gross anonymous commenter. i hadn't been paying attention today, and i'm afraid my mom might have seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, come as a "migraine" complete with spinning lights and vomit. I would have WON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tag!!

    http://useyourhands.blogspot.com/2005/11/exciting-stuff.html

    This one is a knitting meme! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi....random comment, but i LOVE your picture by the way... the one of the yarn in the martini glass

    a quick question.. i was wondering.. could you be so kind as to tell me how i can get the little precentage bars on my blog? you know the ones that tell how much you have done of a current project... i have been looking everywhere

    thanks

    -happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much!! that made my day!

    just a quick question though... im not sure how i get the different sections on the side.. like along with the previous posts and what not... sorry im not very good with codes, they make me very confused and frustrated...

    thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you SOOOOO much.... that jsut took me like an hour to do but ohhh it was definetly worth it!! you are a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,

    I just wanted to let you know that your blog isn't viewable, really, with Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 in XP. All of your entries are in the left column underneath your links and sidebar stuff. Your left hand part of your entries are off the page, as well.

    Sorry!

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete