Thursday, October 06, 2005

I really have to get started on that time machine...

Man, where does the time GO?? I can't believe that it's already October. I need to get started on my Halloween costume. Unlike most people, my favorite holiday is Halloween. It's fun, there really is no anticlimactic buildup, and it entails zero stress. Plus, you get to eat a lot of candy, completely guilt free. What's not to love?

Every year, Le Fiance and I hold a kick ass Halloween party at our house, and every year, it gets bigger and better. This year (unlike last year), my costume won't suck. I couldn't think of anything cool last year, so I just bought one of those honeybee costumes that is comprised solely of wings, a yellow and black umpire type bib, and gold antennae. Lamest costume ever.

Some of the more creative costumes last year were:
Samarai warrior (which was actually one of those museum pieces that you buy for displaying in your house- authentic and cool);

70's basketball star complete with personalized (and laminated, I think) trading cards;

King Arthur and the bunny with giant teeth from Monty Python and the Holy Grail;

carbon rod;

guy with cowbell from Blue Oyster Cult.

Le fiance was dressed as Hellboy- he made his costume himself from a lacross mitt, red paint, and the bottoms of Solo plastic cups for horns. Very creative.

*** Costume Spoiler Alert***

I have to get started on my costume- I'm going to be the prince from Katamari Damacy, my favorite video game. Shhh, don't tell anyone...

------------------------------------------

I finally took some photos of Cathode:





As you can see, it still needs some sleeves and 3 more inches of bottom ribbing. Here is a detail of the ribbing:



You can't tell at all that the brown portion is ribbed. It doesn't really bother me though, since the MC stitches are so big and defined. Keeps it from looking too busy, no?

And finally, I must give out an award for the most scandalous product design. The winner is Lexis Nexis for this bizarre water bottle (which we were given during the training session). I know we law students are quite busy, but for Lexis to insinuate that we are also extremely lonely is just plain wrong :)


4 comments:

  1. Halloween is such a cool holiday . . . I could never understand why so many people say they hate to dress up. I can't wait to see your costume - please take lots of party pics to post. The water bottle . . . shoot, what warped mind came up with that design? Cahtode is beautiful. I agree about the ribbing, if it stood out it would be too busy. Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is the funniest Lexis Nexis swag ever. By the end of law school, you'll be able to get rid of all of your "real" drinkware in favor of the many water bottles and coffee mugs given out by Lexis, Westlaw and various law firms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew, I'm a little grossed out by the Lexis Nexis bottle, too, but I totally heart Lexis Nexis as a product! Love cathode, and I'm totally with you on TomKat. What a sham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be thrilled if i got another coffee mug from Lexis- you can never have too many of those. One is definitely too many of these weird creepy water bottles!

    ReplyDelete