Monday, October 17, 2005

Bill O'Reilly feels your pain

Well, he's at it again. Bill O'Reilly said today on his morning show that he understands what it's like to be a black man because he too is persecuted.

So what you are saying, Billy, is: enduring slavery & racism = enduring hate mail because you are a jerk.

Um, yeah, not quite the same.

-------------------------------------------

So I am thinking of starting a web ring for knitters in the legal field. The only requirements would be that you have to be a lawyer, law student, paralegal or legal assisant, or law librarian and (obviously) be a knitter. Would anyone be interested in this ring?

-------------------------------------------

The Knitty surprises are up! I definitely want to make the little felted pumpkins, but I just don't know when I would find the time before the party. Maybe they're really quick and would only take a few hours. Hmm. I should look at the pattern a little more closely.

There are some really funky new patterns on the Lion Brand site. Check out the Chinchilla stole, the flapper hat, and the Lion suede bolero. Cute!

-------------------------------------------

Oh, and look who made the "Kiss Cam" at the Astros/ Cardinals game. Yikes.

And check out the awesome Kiss Cats over at Craftster.

4 comments:

  1. ew to the kiss cam, but yay for the kiss cats! those are so awesome.
    i wish the pumpkin pattern had been posted sooner -- i say give it a try for your party, but if it's not possible, at least they'll be done for thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes to the Legal Knitting Webring! I've been thinking about that myself, since it certainly seems like there are quite a few knitting law-people. I'd definitely join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm game for the lawyer/knitter ring. I think that there are more of us out there then we know. I don't know how I found your blog - must be my good karma.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm up for the webring- there's quite a few of us- one place to start recruiting is the "Academics Knit" ring.

    :)hmmm knitting lawyers networking... sounds dangerous ;)

    ReplyDelete