Friday, September 16, 2005

Yarn in action

So I bought this Seaside Yarn from Woolgathered a while ago and after two failed scarf attempts, went with the basic hat pattern. Super quick knit- I think it took less than two hours. I still have to block it (which I'm not quite sure how to do, because I don't have one of those head form things... Anyway, now I have a small ball left- any suggestions for what to do with it?






And for the moment you've all been waiting for, may I present to you for the first time, Mazinga and Lady Mazinga Caketoppers:



How cool are these?? I can't wait to see what the cake guy comes up with!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:41 AM

    Super cool hat. Maybe I can get someone to make one for me. Maybe you should try making one out of pancakes?

    BFT

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAZINGA!!!!! That effin rocks!

    I'm totally wearing a jet-pack to your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are AWESOME!!!! I think it gives your cake guy a lot of room to come up with something cool! There are so many possibilities!

    Your hat turned out wonderfully!! I love the yarn! Isn't it a great quick knit? I love FO's that take under 2 hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! the cake should be a rocket or something. that's effin' cool! makes me want to plan my wedding around my cake...too bad i'm not even engaged. har har har. a girl can dream...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, a rocket- that would be cool. i was thinking a gear or something, but i may have to rethink that...

    ReplyDelete