Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hey funnel cake guy- smile!

Fairly relaxing weekend... yesterday we went to a local street fair. Pretty standard fare (for, uh, a standard fair). I think I had one of the best funnel cakes of my entire life. I was so sad for the guy who had to stand out in the heat frying up dough, especially because he looked so cranky. However, then I thought - how could that not be the best job? You get to smell funnel cake all day and best of all, you can probably eat TONS of it. Mmm.

While at the fair, we stopped into an independant book store with a decent knitting section. I picked up the Sublime Stitching Darling Dachshunds set! I'm so excited. I'm going to take all of my polo shirts and embroider a dachshund on the spot where people usually have those friggin aligators and such. Woo hoo!

I started on the Lelah top on Friday -- it's coming along pretty well:



It's a quick knit- I only have 3 lace sections left. I like that the lace pattern is so simple- it makes it a lot easier to watch tv :) Thanks to Jess over at Fig and Plum for figuring out the pattern for a size small.

Speaking of tv- did anyone see this week's Best Week Ever? It kicked ass- they did this parody of that ridiculous R. Kelly soap opera song about the closet. They had a guy (as R. Kelly) doing a play by play of a football game, but he was singing it like that song. It was hilarious.

Oh, and by the way, the pumpkin spice lattes have hit Starbucks. Fall is almost upon us! Wheeeeeee!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your lelah is looking great!!What yarn are you using? I knew you could do it!

    Oh & I LOVE best week ever too! I was so sad when they were on hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin Spice lattes are back???? YES!

    I would like a dachsund too on my shirts. Or maybe a certain black furball named baggi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, when the peppermint hot chocolate hits, it's all over!!!! mmm...peppermint hot chocolate...*drool*

    ReplyDelete
  4. that yarn looks lovely! and i can't wait to see bubby.

    ReplyDelete