Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Chubby bubby

How cute is this little bear head?? He's little Bubby bear from the new Knitty!




Here's where things get weird- what is up with Bubby's arm?? I overstuffed his arm at first and sewed it on- it looked like a big sausage link coming out of his body, so I took out about half of the stuffing. The arm still doesn't hang properly and there's barely any stuffing in his shoulder at all. I'm not quite sure what's going on.



I'm actually thinking of starting a new bear and doubling the pattern so he's bigger. I know the pattern said in plain English that he's supposed to be 7", but for some reason, that didn't seem to register in my head. I finished the body and went, "hmm... he's very wee." He's a super quick knit though- the arms are only 10 stitches around!

So what do we think? Is he a lost cause or should I try to finish him before sending him off to the Island of Misfit Toys?

The Hoover blanket is slowly moving along. I won't bother to post any pics of it until it's completed because it looks exactly the same as it did before:)

In non knitting news, Le fiance ordered the coolest toppers for our wedding cake and they came in yesterday. They are these Japanese robots- one of them is the Mazinga robot (after whom our turtle is named) and I'm not sure what the other one is called (I just call her Lady Mazinga to avoid confusion). So cool. I hated all of the generic cake toppers that I saw in catalogues, so I'm excited that we'll have something different and interesting. I am going to send a picture of them to the cake guy so he can come up with some crazy creation. I can't wait until we have to go for a tasting. MMM....That will be the best day ever!

6 comments:

  1. I think you should finish the little bear!! Even wee bears need love too!

    I'd love to see the cake toppers! We didn't have toppers just fresh flowers. The cake tasting day was the BEST! Our cake was ridiculously expensive but it was well worth it! Aside from the ceremony (we wrote it ourselves) and the location (my father-in-law's backyard on the river) I think the cake was the biggest hit of the wedding!

    When is your wedding date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, now i feel bad that i even THOUGHT of frogging the little guy :)

    our wedding isn't until next summer, but because of school. i'm trying to get every detail out of the way now. i'll post the picture of the toppers when i get home

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool! the whole japanese robot cake topper thing, i mean. i'm stoked to see what they look like. pictures please :)
    and i'm assuming "the best day ever" is your wedding day, not the day you go in to sample the wedding cake, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha- I guess that did come out a little ambiguous, huh? Yes- my wedding day will absolutely, hands down be the best day of my life. The cake- well, that's just a bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just make sure you get some time to eat the cake! Take it from me! I didn't get a chance to eat any of the food we had at all but I made sure to get some cake!!

    Oh & sorry if I made you feel guilty about your bear! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo- can we see a picture?

    ReplyDelete