Friday, August 05, 2005

Spin a ding ding

This is super cool- I signed up for a handspinning class at my LYS. It is a 3 hour session for beginners, and they teach you basic fiber preparation and how to use the spindle. They also offered a beginner wheel class, but since I don't see myself buying a wheel any time soon, this seemed like a good start.

I'm almost done with the minisweater, and it's coming out well. I'm debating whether or not to put the little border on it...

Bad news on Clapotis- I am going to rip out what I have so far (I'm still in the increase rows, on about the 3rd set) because I don't like the way it looks. I used #8's with the double strand of Shimmer, because I thought it would be cool if it was kind of transparent and open. Something just doesn't look right, though, so I'm going to try again on smaller needles. Oh well. Learning experience...

I have to go buy the remainder of my textbooks for school tomorrow- I can't believe how much stuff I will have to lug around every day. Maybe I should get one of those granny carts to wheel everything around with.

3 comments:

  1. granny cart AND trapper keepers. That's the way to show you are a TRUE law student.

    I have some slap bracelets if you need some hot accessories for your first week back at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:27 AM

    This blogging is great fun! Lots of interesting stuff here.

    new york cheesecake recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ha ha- you should see the sweet laptop bag that i got from target. slap bracelets be damned!! people are going to see the laptop bag and instantly fear me!!

    and then i will eat some cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete