Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Orientation- day 1

As you can see, I survived the first day of orientation. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated, although that first hour of meet and greet was complete torture. The crowd was made up of mostly day students, few of whom were particularly friendly, so I sat down in a chair and attempted to work on an assignment. In a room full of fellow nerds, I still managed to be the nerdliest one- kick ass!

The people in my small section with the TA were really cool and interesting. The best part about being an evening student is that you and your peers have a little more life experience- the people in my section had some really interesting jobs, such as former airline pilot, former priest, speech patholgist, and restaurant owner. I'm looking forward to getting to know them all. Maybe one of them is a knitter.

The absolute best part of orientation, hands down, was the fact that one of the professors was wearing an old school white powdered wig (as a joke, obviously) but kept the most deadpan straight face the entire time. How cool must that guy be? Like he wakes up this morning and thinks to himself, oh yeah, I better remember to pack my wig in my briefcase. Or it's in the brown bag with his lunch. Sandwich? Check. Fruit cup? Check. Powdered wig? Check. Awesome.

In knitting news, finishing up on Tempting either tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Last night I did the row after the YO's, so just 4 rows to go + BO, and we'll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment