Monday, July 18, 2005

Snogging Mr. Ripley

First of all, I would like to ask Jude Law- what is your deal, dude? The nanny??

Well, now that that's out of the way, I have some photos from our trip to Cape May. Cape May is definitely worth checking out if you are ever in New Jersey- it's super clean, everything is within walking/ biking distance, and there is a separate area just for surfing. Oh yeah, and there is an unlimited supply of funnel cake. Mmmm.

Here is an example of the hot surfing action:



On the way to visit the Cape May lighthouse, we came across the coolest sign EVER. That's right- it's a turtle crossing. We didn't see any turtles try to cross the road, which is lucky because I probably would have helped ALL of them make it across safely.



Our destination:



Instead of walking up to the top of the lighthouse, we took a walk on the beach to check out this structure. Does anyone know what this thing is??




It looked like some sort of abandoned military structure, but it wasn't marked in any way. Here is a close up:



While at the beach, I made a good amount of progress on Asana and Tempting. I am almost finished with Asana- I just need to do a few more rows on the upper band and the waist tabs. The crappy acrylic yarn that I chose does not do this pattern justice- I'm hoping it will look a little better once it's blocked & washed. The one thing I didn't like on this pattern is the k3tog for the decreases below the waist. They look a little too chunky/ sloppy. Did anyone else have this problem?

I think I might start Clapotis next… I'm intimidated… should I be?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Looks like a great trip! Maybe you'll see some turtles next time you visit.

    ReplyDelete