Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Woo hoo!

Yesterday I finished the first of my market bag handles- YAY!! You can kind of see it in the picture on the left- please excuse my lame pink yarn as an emergency stich holder. It makes the handle look a lot skinnier here than it actually is. We just came back from an emergency brown yarn run, so hopefully I will be able to finish the handles tonight and then I can felt it tomorrow.

Oohhh, I hope I can felt it tomorrow- I'm so excited. It's my very first felted item...




While I'm working on the rest of the handles tonight, we will also be watching Trekkies, which came in the Netflix mail today. If you haven't seen this movie yet, definitely check it out. It's a documentary about insane star trek fans- there is one lady in particular that is so bizarre. She works for the post office and had to get special permission to wear her Starfleet uniform to work. She says something like, "No matter what happens, I know that I will always be a Starfleet officer." Hold on- I like Star Trek as much as the next geek, but what the hell is this lady talking about?? No, you are NOT a Starfleet officer- it's not a real military academy!!

PS- you can also send your kids to Klingon language camp. Just a heads up to all the Harvard bound loDHom...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog from the academic knits ring & I had to say I agree about Trekkies!! Have you seen Trekkies 2? It is equally as amazing! I love star trek as well but seriously folks!

    Oh & congrats on your french market bag! Esp. as your first felted item! My first felt was a sophie bag! :)

    Felting is a major addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah-

    I love the blogs that I am finding thru Academic Knits- everyone is so interesting and creative!

    I haven't seen Trekkies 2 but it is supposed to come this week through Netflix- I can't wait to see that those people are up to :)

    ReplyDelete